NATIONAL YOUTH THEATRE CONNECTIONS 2019-2020
AUDITIONS: Thursday 12th September 2019, 6pm - 8pm at Stamford Arts Centre Blue Room
What is Connections?
Each year the National Theatre commissions ten new plays for young people to perform, bringing together some of the UK's most exciting writers with the theatre-makers of tomorrow. 300 youth theatre companies and over 6,000 young people from every corner of the UK are chosen to produce a Connections play every year. Wildcats took part in their first Connections project in 2018/2019 with huge success - giving a cast of young people aged 12-16 the chance to get involved in a really challenging piece of theatre that worked on building relationships, creating a piece of acting and, of course in true Wildcats form....having fun!
- Weekly Acting classes with qualified and experienced acting teachers.
- Registration and participation in the Connections programme from National Youth Theatre.
- 2 local performances of the Connections play in Spring 2020, and a regional performance in late Spring/early Summer 2020. Travel to the regional performance (last year this was Nottingham) is also included.
- The opportunity to take LAMDA Acting examinations including grades 6-8.
- Any costume apart from personal items such as underwear, footwear etc
- Social events and a post project evaluation social.
- The project runs 10 weeks per term over 2.5 terms from September through to May (June if chosen as one of the final ten to perform at the National Youth Theatre).
- Rehearsals are THURSDAYS 6pm - 7.30pm at Stamford Arts Centre.
- Young people aged 12 -16 can apply for an audition. Applicants need to be 12 by the date of the audition.
- The fee for this project is a fixed fee which is payable ether in one go (for the full year), in instalments or monthly depending on personal choice. (Fee £195)
- If you wish to take a LAMDA examination, the LAMDA entry fee will be payable at the time of entry. This will be around Jan/Feb 2020. LAMDA exams cost between £50-£80 for Grades 5-8 (we would expect Connections students to work on these higher grades).
To book an audition click on the button below: